CNC Programmer Setter Operator
Pegbox has an exciting contract opportunity in Oxfordshire for a skilled CNC Programmer Setter Operator.
Working in modern facilities with new equipment, and supporting precision engineering projects across Aerospace, Space, EV, Science and more, the successful candidate will:
- Program 3 axis CNC machine centres with offline CAM software
- Set and operate the CNC
- Check their own work
- Help the business improve in all these areas
Working on a variety of high value components, often first offs and prototypes, the successful candidate will be a crucial part of the delivery of customer projects.
The successful candidate will have a demonstrable track record with:
- Manufacturing metallic and non-metallic high value, low volume components
- Setting and operating CNC controlled 3 axis machining centres. (ideally Fanuc)
- Manual and/or conversational programming
- Offline programming using CAM software. (ideally with Fusion 360)
In addition, the candidate will have a recognised apprenticeship or have gained relevant experience in a precision engineering environment.
Given the versatility of the role, this will only suit someone with experience from offline programming through to setting, operating and visual inspection of own work. The successful candidate will be expected to follow a part through the entire process whilst able to make improvement suggestions.
This is an exciting opportunity for someone to join a client at a point of strong growth. Although this is initially a three-month contract, there is the possibility of long-term collaborations beyond that first phase.