Full Stack Developer
We are recruiting a Full Stack Developer to take the lead of the development of Web-based user interface in embedded environments.
Our client develops electronic hardware solutions and equipment products to measure real‑world properties in crewed and autonomous underwater operations.
These are used in sectors such as energy, defence, conservation, and scientific exploration.
Joining existing projects, the developer will at first be involved in the maintenance and development tasks. However, with incoming large new development projects, the scope of the role will broaden.
The role will include:
- Designing and implementing attractive and intuitive Web-based user interfaces
- Developing back end services to action front-end requests
- Using full stack, ranging across a Web UI front end all the way to bare metal
- Communicating work and ideas with other Doppler group members
The client is looking for a person with the following skills, qualifications and experience:
The successful applicant will be joining on existing projects, experience in front end (React) and back-end C++ will be essential.
Other Essential experience includes:
- 2:1 or above degree in a discipline such as Engineering, Maths or Physics
- Understanding of Web-based protocols
Other desirable experience will include:
- Web-based security
- Embedded devices
- Version control (git)
- IDL-based messaging
- Task management (JIRA)
- Backend server configuration (nginx, Apache)
An interest in the physical world data acquisition and its manipulation will be very welcome and useful in the position.