Pegbox have a fantastic opportunity for an Engineering and Production Manager
Working within a busy fabrication, welding, including package building in a machining environment, the successful candidate will be responsible for the day to day running of the company’s production. They will also be the key point of contact for communication between the Project Engineers and the production.
MAIN DUTIES WILL INCLUDE:
- Planning the manufacturing and inspection activities for the timely execution of contracts
- Overseeing manufacturing and production processes
- Assisting with ‘Quality’ and ‘Health & Safety’ implementation, including the establishment and implementation of safe systems of work, risk assessments and method statements related to all aspects of production activities
- Monitoring all productivity levels and output standards and quality control requirements
- Providing advice to the design teams in the production of detail drawings, as required, together with preproduction checking
- Maintaining and implementing of all the company’s procedures, good working practices and policies, including health and safety, environment, and ISO 9001:2015 quality requirements/expectations
- Managing and coordinating the raising of bills of material and purchase requisitions for materials, parts, and equipment, whilst liaising closely with the design drawing offices and project teams in accordance with Company procedures.
PERSON SPECIFICATION – ESSENTIAL:
- Mechanical or Electrical Degree level Engineer or demonstrable experience in a similar role
- Understanding of materials handling equipment for dry loose bulk solids and powder materials (screw conveyors/ mixers/discharging aids/metering devices/hoppers)
- Experience and knowledge of working with different materials of construction (mild/carbon/stainless/aluminium/nonferrous)
- Knowledge and experience of supplying equipment and solutions to the petrochemical, pharmaceutical, food, aggregates sectors etc.
- Understanding of international standards, IEC/ATEX/ASME
- Ability to read & follow P&ID and GA Drawings
PERSON SPECIFICATION – DESIRABLE:
- Experience and knowledge of package building
This role is commutable from Abergavenny, Brecon, Newport, Cardiff, Pontypridd, Bristol, Hereford, etc.