PROJECT MANAGER – COMPOSITES
Pegbox is working with one of the top Composite Manufacturing companies worldwide which operates in sectors such as F1, Motorsports, Automotive, Aerospace, Defence and more.
They are looking to recruit a Project Manager to manage all aspects of assigned projects from initial concept through to part delivery.
The PM will be responsible for a portfolio of customers and will act as the link between the company, the client and any third-party subcontractor.
This will include being the main intermediary across the departments of Design, Technical, Production, Inspection, Purchasing and Administration.
IN ADDITION TO THE ABOVE, THE OTHER KEY RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Preparing detailed quotes for projects and looking after the agreed budgets for each project. This includes the subcontracting to third parties
- Defining and agreeing with each customer before undertaking work the scope, deliverables, budget, and responsibilities of each project.
- Develop detailed project plans and track project progress. Report and agree any changes with clients
- Highlight any risk assessment results or issues with customer drawings with the client
- Ensure all projects are managed, delivered on time and within budget.
AS PART OF THE ROLE, THE PM WILL:
- Using the MRP system, create and maintain comprehensive project documentation as well as ensure all required information is supplied to the appropriate parties. This includes BOM’s and Routings
- The PM will make regular visits to their customers to build relationships, identify and create new opportunities.
- The Project Manager will be expected to keep a close attention to the market to identify and seek out new customers
- Although the role will be based onsite, as well as national travel, international travel may be required.
Our client is looking for someone with excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the following background:
- Excellent understanding of Composite Materials, Engineering and Manufacturing processes
- Fluent written and spoken English, additional European languages a plus
- Degree or Further Education preferred but not essential.
- Experienced Microsoft user, specifically Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Good knowledge of MRP systems.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a household name and project manage some of the most prestigious clients in the industry. Due to the nature of the sector, workload will likely fluctuate during the course of the year and overtime will be expected.