Quality Manager – Manufacturing
Our client is recruiting a Quality Manager required to lead and manage the strategic and operational performance of the Quality department, ensuring the successful delivery of business strategy, Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and objectives, whilst adhering to regulatory compliance and achieving commercial success.
To ensure the efficient and effective day to day running of the department. To improve the quality management systems, processes and approvals.
As a member of the senior management team (SMT), to provide sound, well-considered judgment on matters shaping long and short-term planning as it applies to the Quality Management System, general operations and policies and procedure guidelines.
Key responsibilities include ensuring product excellence and adherence to Quality standards and championing a ‘right-first-time’ ethos across the business.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Provide overall direction, leadership and management of the Quality Management System, Quality Standards (AS9100 / ISO9001), NADCAP and customer requirements and related internal process documents
- Manage Quality function ensuring that customers receive the product to the highest standard of quality possible
- Implement new quality processes and systems
- Serve as a member of the Management Team, providing guidance and strategic direction to the company
- Cooperate with other senior management (SMT) personnel in formulating and establishing company policies, operating procedures, and goals
- Drive continuous improvement throughout the business
- Create strong morale and team spirit in the Quality department, motivating them to be committed to the overall success and mission of the organization
- Working to prevent non-conformances, customer complaints, concession and rework
- Facilitate internal & external audits (including AS9100 & NADCAP) as well as assessment / audit of sub-contractors and required actions
- Drive continuous improvement of quality performance by establishing quality objectives that are monitored, analysed and reviewed
- Ensuring the products are fit for purpose and meet customer expectations and required quality standards
- Advising on the performance of the Quality Management System
- Supporting quality assurance within the company
- Managing regulatory compliance
- Documentation and implementation of new approvals as required
- Development and maintenance of Supplier Performance monitoring, and maintenance of the Approved Suppliers List
- Maintaining good discipline at all times within the department and carrying out discipline and grievance procedures as required
- Liaising with other departments
- Engineering degree in Mechanical / Aerospace Engineering or Quality management or extensive proven experience in a Quality Assurance environment
- Ten (10) years of experience in an aerospace quality and manufacturing environment
- Extensive working background with industry standards such as AS9100, ISO9001
Key Knowledge Areas
- Good knowledge and understanding of Aerospace Quality standards, particularly AS9100, AS9102 and Nadcap
- Wide knowledge of products and processes used in the aerospace manufacturing industry
Key Skills and Technical Requirements
- Ability to read and interpret technical drawings, including GD&T.
- CAD literate.
- High level ability of MS tools and software.
- Lead Auditor qualification (desirable).